Monday, August 30, 2010

The Egg...hmmm what to do what to do!?!?

My whole take of the egg assignment after it was given in class was literally, WTF!!! I had no idea really as to what I was going do to let alone what direction to take next. My mind went everywhere from throwing the egg on the ground or against something, to drawing something on the egg itself. It wasn't until later on in the class after talking about seeing things in different perspectives and thinking outside of the box that my idea finally took hold. I decided to depict the development of my idea of what to do with the egg.

This idea isn't so much about what will be done to the eggs themselves, but instead the thought process behind the egg. Initially when I am given an assignment, unless I am very lucky and something clicks quickly, I generally draw a blank and have to do a bit of thinking about the assignment to get started. This assignment was no different. Starting out there are generally one or two ideas that come to mind and generally more spawn from these initial ones. After narrowing my choices down to two or three, I will start "playing" each one out until I end up with the one that I ultimately go with.

I decided to document and show this process through a series of pictures. These pictures will depict my thought process of narrowing down the ideas to the final one.

No comments:

Post a Comment